- The Municipality of Lębork, Lead Beneficiary
- The Country of Lębork
- The Self-government of Zachodniopomorskie Voivodeship
- The Self-government of Pomorskie Voivodeship
- Szczecinska Foundation
- The Pomeranian Regional Tourist Organization
- Kretinga District
- The Ernst Moritz Arndt university of Greifswald
Invitation for the workshops on the Pomeranian Way of St. James
Pomeranian Way of St. James - new European pilgrimage and tourist product in the West Pomeranian region. We invite you to participate in free training workshops conducted within “RECReate - Re-vitalisation of the European Culture Route in the South Baltic Area - Pomeranian Way of St. James” project.
The invitation is addressed to those who actively contribute to the improvement of tourist offer of the region and influence development and promotion of tourist products of the West Pomeranian region, providing services including but not limited to accommodation, catering etc. The workshops are also a great offer addressed to organizations operating within the field of social integration and actively participating in cultural and religious life of the province. All concerned with self-development and the development of their business activity - feel invited.
The project is to revive the idea of wandering along the Routes of St. James leading across the West Pomeranian Province as well as the idea of the Route being formed by the people living along it.
We offer one-day-workshops held at selected sites within our province - sites significant in terms of the Route’s functioning (see detailed schedule below). The workshops will cover but not limit itself to such topics as the idea and rules that govern functioning of the Ways of St. James in Europe, motives for pilgrimages, benefits of being located on the Route, region’s assets and their adaptation to the needs of a tourist pilgrim.
The workshops’ objectives are as follows:
- to improve awareness of the idea and rules that govern functioning of the Ways of St. James in Europe (within religious and tourist sphere) as well as associated benefits for the region and local entities,
- to start cooperation between entities operating along the Route and to appoint the leaders who ensure the product’s functionality and durability,
- to stimulate creation of new tourist products related to the Route, e.g. development of catering, crafts, accommodation base, including farm tourism, participation in events related to the Route (St. James’ Fair, European Heritage Days etc.).
We are convinced that due preparation to create new tourist product in our region is crucial for its future development. Participants of the workshops are provided with free coffee service. They also receive some certificates to confirm participation in the workshops. In case of interest please fill in the application form and send it to us.
Kołobrzeg - 1st February 2013, 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.,
Koszalin - 2nd February 2013, 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.,
Szczecin- 15th February 2013, 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.,
Świnoujście- 16th February 2013, 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.,
Koszalin- 22nd February 2013, 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.,
Trzebiatów- 23rd February 2013, 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.,
Every meeting of the workshops should include no more than 30 participants representing various fields of activities from neighbouring parts of the Route. This is crucial to achieve the abovementioned objectives. The organizing parties reserve the right to select the participants who meet the aforementioned criteria to the greatest degree. The selected participants will be notified of the fact via email or telephone.
Next edition of the workshops is to take place in March and April and will be conducted in: Białogard, Polanów, Szczecin, Sławno, Stepnica, Kamień Pomorski.
The workshops are conducted by order of the Office of the Marshal of the West Pomeranian Province and “Szczecińska” Foundation by Zachodniopomorska Agencja Rozwoju Turystyki Sp. z o.o. (The West Pomeranian Agency for Regional Development Joint Stock Company) in Szczecin.
The application form is available to download at: www.turystyka.wzp.pl